15 Vertical Garden Systems Perfect For Small Spaces
5 Planter Vertical Gardening System With Drip Irrigation
Like some other planters, the 5 Planter Vertical Gardening System with Drip Irrigation allows you to create a garden in only 4 square feet of space. On top of that, it assembles in less than 10 minutes and includes a full programmable drip irrigation system.
- Create a garden in 4 square feet of space
- Quick assembly
- Includes irrigation system
- Not as much plantable area as other garden systems
- Limited color selection
- Needs to be constantly hooked up to a hose for irrigation to work
DIY Vertical Hydroponic 4 Tower Kit
The Vertical Hydroponic 4 Tower Kit is perfect for the gardener interested in a low maintenance garden solution. It has space for up to 80 individual plants and doesn’t rely on soil for plant nutrition. The irrigation system is automatic and feeds the garden when needed – no reason to manually turn the pump on and off.
- Holds a LOT of plants
- Less messy than soil based garden systems
- Removes the need for most manual intervention with it’s automatic pump
- The kit installs in the ground and is not useable in apartments or other dwellings that don’t have access to land
- Even though most maintenance is done automatically (feeding), weekly water changes are required
- More parts are needed to complete the kit (conduit emt poles and 25 – 50 gallon tote or trash can for the water reservoir
1 Pocket Vertical Garden Planter
This vertical garden planter offers a unique and whimsical way to grow a garden. The built in grommets make this planter easy to hang up and move around.
- Ideal for apartment balconies and oddly shaped spaces
- Multiple color selection
- May not be great for larger plants (although some people have grown tomatoes in these)
- Does not contain a user guide
- May need to water more than a normal planter
Vertical Living Wall Planter
The Vertical Living Wall Planter can hang from almost any flat surface including (but not limited to) your deck, fence or wall. The planter “shelves” are adjustable allowing a myriad of configurations that accommodate plenty different types of plants.
- The frame is made of high quality wood and looks nicer than some plastic alternatives
- Configurable planter heights to accommodate different size plants
- Planters are removable allowing you to bring in plants when needed (great for herbs!)
- You may not be able to use all 3 shelves with larger plants
- May not be suited for indoors due to planter drainage holes
Tiered Cedar Raised Garden Bed
One of the larger tower gardens on our list, this raised garden bed has two tiers over 14 inches deep making it perfect for deep rooted vegetables and plants. Assembly and disassembly is as easy as sliding the boards into place making it perfect for gardeners on the go.
- Deep tiers perfect for deep rooted vegetables
- Easy setup and teardown
- Make from cedar making it naturally resistant to rot and insects
- Requires a lot of soil
- May need to fasten the boards together for support
- There is no bottom